15 December 2008

Jingle for the Cure

I participated in my very first "ornament" swap, "Jingle for the Cure"! This was by far the most difficult task I have gotten myself into for some time.

Pink is not a problem, but design an ornament . . . how talented am I? My first thought was I will sew. I actually went on a search for the right fabric, trims, and oh so many to choose from and so many ideas came to mind as I walked the aisles. Then, a vision was before me, my idea was in sight BUT so was the craft section of the store (you know, the beads, embellishments, gorgeous papers.) A little of this and a little of that ~ enough already! Well, my trip was fairly pricey! I walked to my car admitting to myself that I am a fabric sleuth, why did I need more fabric, why did I go into this store? Silly me!

I changed my design, I changed the media that I would use, not just once or twice, rather too many to count. I was not happy with a one of them. Have you ever just thought too much and it becomes too difficult to imagine? (Maybe a Type A personality here????) Finally, I put the project on hold for a week or more and then last Friday, instead of fretting over the design and believing it would not be good enough, I just went with my heart. It is by no means a masterpiece but truly a gift designed from my heart in honor of "Jingle for the Cure"!

"There's more, much more, to Christmas than candlelight and cheer; it's the spirit of sweet friendship that brightens all year. It's thoughtfulness and kindness, it's hope reborn again, for peace, for understanding, and for goodwill to men!" unknown

2 comments:

SweetAnnee said...

That is totally lovely
YOU DID GREAT

and you ARE way talented
love it
deena

Mary said...

The ornament that you sent Denise is exquisite. You should be very proud of your accomplishment.

Merry Christmas.
Blessings,
Mary